Wednesday 3 June 2009

Cover/Logo Development










I quickly realised that the word Anthology could be divided into 3 lines equally and experimented with a range of different fonts to find one that might work. It became obvious that to make the type balanced and equal, I would have to use a font that was perfectly square- that way I could place them into a grid. I instantly thought about the font Kyle used in his 'change for a tenner' campaign and thought it would be ideal. I made a mock up but felt the edges were too jagged and spikey so I hastily ran it through the "What the font" website to find similar alternatives. I came across a rounded font that was very similar but unfortunately did not have perfectly square letterforms and the G looked more like a C. I used the font as a template and adapted for my own ends then took it into illustrator and vectorised it. I experimented with the possibility of making one of the O's look like a skateboard wheel but in the end decided it looked better without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment